MP4 | Video: h264, 1280x720 | Audio: AAC, 44.1 KHz, 2 Ch
Genre: eLearning | Language: English + srt | Duration: 81 lectures (9h) | Size: 3.65 GB
Snowflake was written from the ground up to be a novel and advanced cloud data platform provided as Software-as-a-Service (SaaS).
A complete course, with sample exam, to prepare the developer/administrator and for the Snowflake Certification exam
Preparing for the Snowflake Core Certification exam or interviewing candidates (250 challeg / exam quality questions to test your knowledge)
What makes Snowflake such a unique and powerful cloud data platform
The magic of virtual data warehouses (compute resources)
The power of separating compute from storage (MPP)
The miracle feature of zero-copy cloning
Sharing database objects
The Web UI
Some knowledge of the cloud, data platforms and SQL would be useful
Snowflake enables data storage, processing, and analytic solutions that are faster, easier to use, and far more flexible than traditional offerings.
In this nearly nine hour course, we talk about how Snowflake is a true SaaS offering. Specifically we address:
- How there is no hardware (virtual or physical) to select, install, configure, or manage.
- How there is virtually no software to install, configure, or manage.
- How maintenance, management, upgrades, and tuning are handled by Snowflake.
- All important aspects of Snowflake
- How Snowflake runs completely on cloud infrastructure. All components of Snowflake's service (other than optional command line clients, drivers, and connectors), run in public cloud infrastructures.
Our goal was to get you up-to-speed with Snowflake and prepare you for the Snowflake Certification exam with a 250 set of practice questions and scenarios. When you finish this course you will have a solid understanding of the Snowflake environment, be ready to administer your own Snowflake environment and be prepared for the Snowflake Certification exam. I recently passed the Snowflake Core Certification exam with a score of 90% and the questions included in this course were invaluable as a study guide.
In addition to the above, we cover more specific areas such as:
- Separation of compute and storage (the power behind Snowflake)
- Virtual warehouses (compute instances)
- Scaling up and scaling out
- Zero-copy cloning (a feature unmatched by most any other competing platform)
- Data sharing
- Snowflake credits and billing
- Performance tips
- Clustering keys
- Data loading and unloading
- Structured and semi-structured data
- and much more...
Anyone having an interest in learning about the Snowflake environment, becoming a Snowflake developer or DBA
Students preparing for the Snowflake Certification exam (I passed the exam in April 2021 - 90% score)
Students looking for exam sample questions. 250 are included in this course. The course contains 100 questions.